Rockland County wildlife removal - article of the month
What Smells Repel Raccoons
If you leave your property unguarded you might find yourself with a raccoon problem. Raccoons make their way onto your property in the hopes of finding Rockland County raccoon removal food and shelter. As humans are slowly but surely encroaching on their natural habitat they have no other choice. Killing a raccoon is prohibited in most states. You can try trapping and relocating them but this might also be a problem. You are not allowed to relocate nuisance animals onto the property of someone else. Relocating them into an environment that they are unfamiliar with could also lead to death. They will not know where to obtain food and shelter and are often killed by other animals within a few hours.
Using smell to keep them away
If you can keep them off your property then you will not have to deal with a raccoon going through your rubbish or living in your home. Raccoons are not finicky Rockland County snake removal eaters and are not easily put off my unusual smells. You have probably noticed they will gladly rummage through your garbage cans in search of food.
There are some smells that they find less appealing. These might be the key to keeping your yard raccoon free.
· Mothballs are hailed as an excellent Rockland County rat control deterrent for raccoons. However, using mothballs to keep raccoons away is prohibited in the USA.
· Cayenne pepper is one of the most effective Rockland County bat removal ways of keeping raccoons at bay. They hate the smell. You can mix a small canister of cayenne pepper, a bottle of hot sauce and a gallon of water in a spray bottle. You can then spray the solution on plants and areas where you do not want the raccoons to enter.
· Ammonia is typically found in every home. It is used to disinfect Rockland County rodent extermination bathrooms and is very handy for keeping raccoons out. It is a noxious smelling substance that should not be placed in areas that you are going to be spending a great deal of time. Soaking rags and hanging them in places that racoons frequent may just be the solution that you have been looking for.
· There are various chemical repellents available on the market. Some come in the form of pellets that can be spread around your yard in order to create a border. Raccoons should not cross the border as they would rather find a more pleasant-smelling yard. There are also liquid repellents available that can be sprayed in areas that you want to keep raccoon free.
· Mint scented garbage bags have been growing in popularity. Not only do they make your garbage smell better, but they also repel most Rockland County bird control critters. Including raccoons.
· Predator urine can be purchased online. If you spray this around your yard, and especially your garbage cans, they prevent raccoons from coming too close.
· Mixing Epsom salt into the soil of your vegetable garden will protect it from raccoons. You will need to sprinkle more salt after it has rained as it will be washed away.
Other Rockland County animal pest control topics:
What Kind of Noises and Sounds do Rockland County Pigeons Make When They Live in Your House?
How to Get a Rockland County Raccoon Out of a Tree
Knowing the Difference Between Rockland County Pest Control and Wildlife Removal
What Causes Rockland County Rodent Population Growth and Infestations
We are a residential and commercial pest removal company servicing your local area, and we pride ourselves on three main things -
1 - Getting rid of the problem, fast, effectively, and with the minimal amount of stress and hassle to you - the property owner.
2 - Customer service that is second to none.
3 - Being available to our clients, around the clock.
We don't take days off; our hard-working technicians all perfectly understanding of the fact that snakes and other pests don't take a day off just because it's Sunday!
Our phones are answered by trained, knowledgeable customer service advisors, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and we can offer urgent, same-day appointments for those situations that you really want sorted out immediately.
Raccoons, rats, snakes, and many other pest animals come with their fair share of disease threats, and the longer those animals are hanging around, the higher the chances of those diseases being spread. Calling us puts an absolute stop to that — we don't just provide a removal service, but a dead animal removal service, sanitation and cleanup service, and even a repair service (where possible and safe).
We service Orange County, Putnam County, Westchester County, Passaic County, Bergen County, and more.
We also service Clarkstown, Haverstraw,
Orangetown, Ramapo, Stony Point, Airmont, Chestnut Ridge, Grand View-on-Hudson,
Hillburn, Kaser, Montebello, New Hempstead, New Square, Nyack, Piermont, Pomona, Sloatsburg,
South Nyack, Spring Valley, Suffern, Upper Nyack, Wesley Hills, West Haverstraw, Bardonia,
Blauvelt, Congers, Hillcrest, Monsey, Mount Ivy, Nanuet, New City, Pearl River, Sparkill,
Tappan, Thiells, Valley Cottage, Viola, West Nyack, Central Nyack, Garnerville, Jones Point,
Palisades, Rockland Lake, Tallman, Tomkins Cove, Doodletown, Grassy Point, Johnsontown,
Ladentown, Middletown, Nauraushaun, Sandyfield, Sickletown, St. John's in the Wilderness,
Sterlington, and more.
We are ready to solve your Rockland County wildlife removal issue!